Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dodged a bullet!

Whew! I had to join in new yarn not at the edge awhile back and as I progressed I noted that my join was going to be very close to where a dropped stitch ladder was going to fall. The closer I got to that spot, the more it looked like the the join was going to be exactly where the ladder was going to be. Tonight I dropped the stitch for that ladder, and the clapotis gods must have been smiling on me because the join was just one stitch over. There probably would have been some way to remedy the problem had it occurred, but I was just so relieved that I didn't have to go there.

My progress continues to be slow as I find other projects that I feel compelled to do (scarf and hat for DH since the hat I made him for Xmas just didn't turn out right, mittens or scarves or Kates or felted crowns for my girls, who haven't gotten anything knitted from me in a looooong time. You get the picture.). I hate knitter's guilt! Clapotis probably won't be done until March sometime at the rate I'm going. That's still early enough to get some use out of her before the weather gets too hot (here in New England), right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Phew Carolyn! Glad it all worked out for you! I am itching to work on mine, but I gotta finish a scarf ASAP, and of course I didn't pick a quick pattern. Why is it things for us always get put on the back burner? :)

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home