Sunday, January 08, 2006

Guilt and getting more behind.

It's been a productive week of knitting, I'll say that much. I started and *finished* a baby blanket, *plus* matching booties, *plus* another pair of booties (same pattern, different yarn), *plus* I completed another repeat of section 3 of clapotis (so yes, I have now successfully dropped stitches. Twice. So cool!). Last night the fam and I went out to our standby eatery for dinner and ran into the parents of the recipient of the blanket and booties. They were there with the baby (now 3 weeks old), but without her older sib. Parents told me he was home with grandma (here visiting from PA for a couple of weeks).

Parents regaled me with all the evil doings of Older Sib--clearly, adjusting to a baby sister, along with holiday activities, etc., have not been easy for him (he's 2.5 years old). Parents looked like they were totally grooving on being away from Older Sib, for at least a couple of hours (yes, he's been that bad). I felt sorry for them, and for Older Sib, too.

After completing booties set#2 last night and feeling totally without guilt for picking up clapotis again, I woke up this morning feeling like I couldn't very well show up with handknitted gifts for the baby without having something for her big brother, too. I've been eyeing Kate from the current Knitty (in utter violation of the rules of this knitalong) and decided she'd make a fine new friend for Older Sib. I've got appropriate yarn in my stash, so I think I'm going to continue putting clapotis on hold (so that I'll be even further behind the times) and get started on Kate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I support your brilliant decision to make Older Sib a gifty too. And Kate is perfect.

Ao am I violating the rules too by wrapping up Gioia and Bobblicious this weekend too?

At least you've started your Clap ;-).

11:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hey Carolyn, we may often find ourselves having to do something current intermingled with the "behind" stuff ;) I know I do, have to make some baby caps for our knit group too...

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home