Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A realization

No more Cozy. The yarn was all wrong anyways. I have bigger problems. I think I'm going to set my olympic project to the side and start Clapotis and a sock I had started the day before the opening ceremony.

The Ribby Cardi is KILLING me. I'm not enjoying the knit. I'm doing it purely for the finished product. Normally I would have something else going to break up the monotony but when you're in a time crunch there's no room for multiple projects.

I've been unusually busy here lately. I look to my knitting as a way to unwind...even if I don't get to it until everone is asleep and I'm watching Jay Leno. Forcing myself to knit something that I am not particularly enjoying and telling myself I have to do it before the 26th turns my enjoyable activity into just another chore.

I've got this wonderful yarn (Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb and Artyarns Ultramerino 6) that is calling~no, yelling my name and I must answer it!

If you've made it this far here's the deal. My Behind the Times project is going to be a Clapotis in the Jeans colourway of LL Lion & Lamb :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I know what you mean about knitting under the gun. This morning, I woke up before the alarm, and picked up my Olympic project (Tivoli). I had planned to go to the gym before work, and I ended up agonizing about whether to go to the gym or keep knitting. I ended up sticking with the knitting, but feeling some minor guilt about missing the gym visit that is part of my usual Wednesday AM routine.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Dietchgirl said...

Knitting shouldn't be a chore. I know what you mean about knitting something just to finish it (probably why I have so many UFOs around). Knitting is a joy, and Clapotis is a fun knit. Enjoy!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking of Ultramerino 6 for a lightweight Clapotis. What do you think about that? Do you have the yarn earmarked for something specific?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The Clapotis will be beautiful, and good for you for cutting and running from the project that was killing you -- I made the mistake of seeing a particularly dull project through to completion, and hope I never do so again.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home