Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Four Play

I'm planning on using the Brooks Farm Four Play yarn -- I even have it in my stash (having ordered it about three months ago, when I intended to start the Clapotis. I have to admit, though, that I'd be very interested in making a smaller sized Clapotis, which I'm sure could easily be accomplished just by using a yarn with a smaller gauge. You could still get some truly gorgeous drape, without having the heft and bulk that comes from the larger gauges. In thinking about it, I think the drape is the essence of the Clapotis in that the gauge can change, the number of repeats can change, you can vary the color, the fiber, and everything else -- just be careful not to use anything too stiff or tight. I haven't yet made a Clap, though (this is, after all, the Behind The Times Along), so I could be totally off base.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

It's my understanding that the increase rows and the decrease rows are symmetrical. So, increase until you like how wide the scarf is, and then set aside that same amount of yarn for the decrease rows. Then use whatever other yarn you have to make the 'length' rows (for lack of a better term). I generally over-buy on yarn, figuring it's better to have too much and not need it than not to have enough and need more.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home