Monday, January 23, 2006

ribbon clapotis - behind the times and on the edge!

After much time and energy spent on trying to figure out what yarn I should use, I decided to use Crystal Palace "Party". Here's how the dropped stitches look with ribbon:



I've just dropped my 5th stitch, so I am not quite halfway through. Realized that I horribly underestimated my yarn requirements - bought 4 skeins, and I am just about finished my 3rd one now. Luckily when I went to my LYS, there were still 3 of them remaining.

I am going on a trip next week, and am taking clapotis along with me to knit on the plane. I suspect that I will finish it on the trip down, or shortly thereafter (6 hours of flying time plus 2 hours waiting to connect), so I am trying to decide what other project I should take with me. Current frontrunners are: checkerboard patterned tank which is 60-75% done; cardigan in bulky yarn, or a halter top from a Schachenmeyer book in Crazy Cotton (I bought the yarn and book last January - come to think of it, I bought some yarn at a clearance sale this spring for another top from that book). I haven't swatched for the cardigan or either halter yet...

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Wow! That is the first one I have seen with ribbon and it is amazing. So different (love the colors) yet, you can recognize what it is! Great job so far! Can't wait to see it finished. Glad you found the extra yarn too! Phew!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I LOVE the ribbon-yarn clapotis. What a beautiful twist on a familiar theme. As for what to take with you on your trip: if I were you, I would not take something I was in danger of finishing -- you never know when a flight might be delayed due to weather or some such thing.

5:54 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Liz - good point! Too bad they don't have yarn shops in airports.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home