Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Five stitches dropped

I've completed five of the thirteen middle section repeats, and am starting to lose interest (don't worry; this always happens; it's a transient thing -- I just have to (1) come up with what my next project will be so as to motivate me to finish this one, and then (2) power through the middle part doldrums of this one until I get to the point that (3) the fact of being close to completion provides motivation enough). I'm thinking the next big project (I've decided socks, mittens, hats, scarves, wine cozies, etc. don't count) might be a Moebius scarf. (WaitAMinute, did I just say scarves don't count? I take it back).

Anyone interested in a Moebius behind-the-times? Of course, the fact that I am contemplating it now probably means I won't be starting it until June or so, so feel free to take your time responding.

4 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Where's the Mobius pattern from? I know what you're talking about, but can't find it. I'd probably join you on that one.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I get bored in almost any project I do, so I have a few strategies that I use:
1)set up mini-goals that I have to reach X # of rows before Y. (ie. go to bed, get another cup of coffee)....reminding myself constantly how much I will love this once done.
2)don't dawdle, just do (when I'm bored with a project, I tend to get distracted easily and want to read a magazine instead).
3)time myself - ie how long does it take to knit 3 rows. then see if I can beat my record (this works really well - it gets self-entertaining).
I can't wait to start my clapotis! Hopefully soon (need to order the yarn today or tomorrow).
I would be interested in a moebius - will need to find the pattern.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The original Moebius is by Cat Bordhi in some book (magical knitting?), but there's one available online here: http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml

9:33 AM  
Blogger Darbyrose said...

I made a moebius from some mohair that my SP sent me...but I did the cheating kind where the edges are sewn together at the end after twisting them around.
Cat's technique does sound like an interesting one to learn.
I'm going to cast on for Branching Out next, I think. (No, I haven't made it yet, either...grin!)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home