Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Noro Silk Garden

Well, after much thought, I have decided to go with this,

Colorway 87 I recently acquired 4 skeins in a swap, and I really like the colors, even better in person. So, I know it won't be enough yarn for the normal sized Clapotis, but I think after reviewing the pattern, a wide scarf size will be perfect for me. I just hope I calculate correctly, cause I would hate to have to frog it near the end.

Besides, I really wanted to use the Pansy sock garden...for socks LOL! I love the colorway and want to make something I'll wear a lot.

Good luck to everyone trying to figure out theirs. BTW, has anyone cast on yet? I am trying to finish up a few things this week, so I can start soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oooh. Beautiful! I look forward to seeing it progress.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh, and to answer your final question: I have not yet cast on, but am just on the cusp of doing so -- although I'm also tempted by the thought of casting on for a pair of socks for myself and/or a second hat for my mom, or doing the finishing work on my sister's argyle clutch or maybe . . .

Still, I think the Clapotis is going to win out. I'm hoping it can be my in-front-of-the-TV knitting once I get it going, and then I can add in a pair of socks or a hat or whatever as my backup project. I'm going on vacation for a week in February; maybe I'll bring the socks along then.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home