Saturday, January 14, 2006

I finally started mine!

And with this post I am at last officially participating in one of the KALs I have joined over the past months.

Can anyone say 'Flake'? ;-)

I am being cheap with this first one and using Woolease in the Pine colorway. I live in the middle of Illinois where it gets cooold - at least it is supposed to be cold at this time of the year - and this should be warm and able to survive my hubby's laundry days. Plus, I saw a shawl being made out of this at my SnB and loved the color so much that I bought 5 skeins at the Michael's next door to our meeting...lol!

Went through the Section 1 and the first of the 13 repeats of Section 2 quickly, stopping for a soda break before I knit some more. Hubby is working tonight and we are all watching the Bears play tomorrow, so I foresee a great deal of Clapotis Progress this weekend. I'll post a pic when I drop some stitches.

Debi

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

I am knitting a red scarf with woolease, previously knit Irish hiking scarf with it too. I am sure it'll be just as warm and nice to look at too...green...hmmm my second favorite color!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

jessica: I'm ordering cashmere from Colourmart for a clap as well! (I'm ordering a softtwist of reds and rose).


I can't wait to see a photo of the clapotis done in wool-ease. I never would have thought of it - and I have a bunch of it here at the house. I'm jealous that you've gotten started. Have fun!!!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Jessica, I have been wondering for a few days now - why wash the yarn before knitting with it?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home