Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hi Y'all!

I'm catching up on my "a-longs" this weekend, since I've been a bit MIA since I started looking for a condo, then packing, then moving, then unpacking and blah blah blah. But I have finished a couple Booga Bags that I tweaked so much, I called it my own pattern and posted it on my blog.


That's the only thing I've done since January that might qualify for the BTT. I did make an Odessa, and a few dishcloths (if you like to make those, I highly reccommend joining the yahoo group Monthly Dishcloth Knit-a-long. It's so neat. You do two a month, and get a snippet of the pattern each day for about a week. You don't know until a few days into it what it might be. I just did a shamrock dishcloth and never would have picked that as a project were it up to me. But I'm glad I did it! My first time making an image in purl bumps on a stockinette background.
Anyway, I'm making a pinwheel baby blanket right now. I think that might count for this right? Seems like everyone in the knitty blogosphere has made one except for me. It's for my friend's baby. She snagged my Odessa less than two days after I finished it, to give to her 1 yr old daughter. Either I have a small head, or that child has a big one. I dunno, it's a very stretchy pattern anyway. But the parents have requested a bead-free snuggly out of the same yarn because this child will NOT rest without her Odessa in hand, pressed against her cheek. Now THAT is a knit-worthy baby.
I went and bought the yarn for my Clap yesterday. I originally bought some Red Heart for it, when I was new to the yarn scene, and I knew I'd never make mine until I had different yarn. I bought some Tahki Cotton Classic in color 103, much like the Lorna's Laces shown in the pattern. I love those colors. I may have to hunt around to other yarn shops before I start though. I was only able to buy 4 balls, for a total of 432 yards. But I can at least Knit the width (increase rounds)until I get through one ball, then use 2 for the length, and one for the decrease rounds. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

If you think you might be short yarn, you could do 1-3 fewer increases at the start, and make a narrower clapotis - which would work well as a scarf. I knit my clapotis with ribbon yarn, and ended up needing to buy 3 or 4 skeins more than I calculated (although I admit that I think my calculations were off slightly). Is the Tahkhi cotton classic similar in gauge to the Lorna's Laces? Another thing to consider is that my ribbon clap is a bit on the heavy side, which might be the case with cotton.
But if worst comes to worst, you could probably pick up an extra skein or 2 online.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home