Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Clapotis - another dimension

For some reason, my clapotis is able to ignore the laws of physics and create extra stitches for reasons that are beyond me. I just finished row where I dropped a stitch, and I had to end up purling 2 stitches together right at the start. And I am sure that I purled 2 tog at the end of the previous row!!

This happened to me just before I dropped my first stitch, and it caused me to spend an hour or 2 looking at various KAL and knittyboard postings to figure out what happened.

I think part of the problem may have been that said row was knitted while on an airplane - my blood oxygen level would have been lower because of the low atmospheric pressure, and I didn't realize what I was doing. But I still prefer my theory that the clapotis exists in a dimension outside our own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I think your Clapotis is probably acquainted with the time-space vortex where my socks go when I put them in the dryer. Definitely.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Darbyrose said...

I've discovered 'extra' stitches from time to time on mine - closer examination revealed that I did not bring my yarn far enough through the purl and wasn't dropping the stitch off the needle. Simple enough to fix, and that will teach me to try to go so fast. *grin*

Darbyrose

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home