Saturday, January 28, 2006

Look Ma, no stitch markers!!

Allow me to present the catpotis
She can't find the stitch markers

I switched to purling the stitch that will be dropped instead of using stitch markers. The markers were popping off of the needle from time to time, and since I plan to be knitting on an airplane, I thought I would try going without. It's working out well; the purled stitches make a bit of a ridge in the knit that is a milder version of the effect you get with the dropped stitch.
Mental note if I ever knit something with ribbon yarn again: it drops stitches easily.
Very easily.
Some might say too easily.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Super nice work - flying without stitch markers! And those cats are pretty too...almost as pretty as the ribbon ;)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ha, ha, very punny. ;-) Love the pictures, love the pun, love the yarn. Sorry ribbon drops so easily -- but given how many of these stitches have to drop how far, that may be better than the alternative.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

so cute!!! Brave w/o stitch markers...hope the rest goes well!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home