Wednesday, January 25, 2006

D-O-N-E

Done. My Clapotis is done. D. O. N. E. done. And it's pretty impressive, too. I currently have it dry-blocking (yes, that's a term I just made up) on my wall at work. I'm trying to get the two corners that keep pulling in not to do that -- I'd like it to be a rectangle rather than a parallelagram (OK, I'd like it to be a parallelagram with 90-degree corners). It's probably about six feet long (I'm 5'6" and cannot stretch it to its full length just by holding the ends in my hands and pulling) and three-ish feet wide. In other words, it's huge. And I love it. I wore it this morning in the cold and the snow and it kept me so very cozy and warm.

As I put it on this morning, I showed it off to Girl Warrior and Destructo Girl (my kids, ages 5 and 3 respectively). Girl Warrior's first reaction was quite gratifying: "Can I have it?" I said no, but offered to make her a smaller one. So perhaps I am now on my way to being one of those people who makes a zillion Clapotises. I wouldn't mind. It's a fun knit.

Next: socks for me (not so behind-the-times I know, as socks are always current, but I plan to follow along here and I WILL be back when I start working on my Ribby Cardi or on a Moebius or on Samus or . . .).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Rock on, Ms. D-O-N-E! Where are the finished pics :-)?

Congratulations!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Carolyn- Yes, it definitely grew in length as I did the decreases. You'll notice, if you make the increase end square, that one side of your clapotis is longer than the other. The shorter side grows to match the length of the longer side. Put another way: measure the length of edge that covers 8 stitch-drops, that's the length by which the clapotis will grow.

All- pictures will appear as soon as I can get to my main computer onto which I load the pictures before uploading them for web-publishing. I promise it'll be before February 4th. (and I think I can probably even keep that promise!)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh dear . . . Carolyn, you deleted your post as I was replying.

My coworkers have complimented me on it, said it looks cool, very 'artsy' (yeah, that's what I'm going for around here -- the artsy attorney). I'm looking forward to taking it down, though . . . I don't actually need to get labeled as looney (at least not quite yet).

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home