Monday, March 27, 2006

Dropping even further behind

I finished the Ribby Cardi. No pictures yet, though. Now, you'd think that a post that begins "I finished the Ribby Cardi" would not be titled "Dropping even further behind," but here's the thing: it's too small. I kid you not.

Good thing I'm a process knitter. My first thought (after I gave up on the idea of blocking the hell out of it or of trying to graft on some solution that would make it bigger), was "well, now I get to order more yarn to make another one."

And it's a good thing my sister is smaller than I am. This will actually fit her pretty perfectly. And I was thinking of making her a Ribby Cardi anyway.

I'm further BTT than ever, but life is lookin' good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

AAACCCKKK!!!
Too bad for you but I bet your sister is happy!

And if you ask me, giving your sister a sweater as a gift puts you ahead of the game. My sister got a scarf for her birthday...LOL!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, glad you finished! Sorry it didn't fit, but it's good that you can give it a good home, hate to see you have to frog it.

Well, now you'll know the size to make...not that it helps you feel any better now... :) geesh...I'm kind of scared now...I may make a bigger size than I think I need...what do you think?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Z-

It might make sense to go up one size; everything I read says they tend to run a little short. For me, it not only ran short, it ran narrow. But then again, I didn't allow for nearly enough ease in the boobage area. I also went through the entire pattern choosing to err on the side of making it snug, because I wanted a fitted look. I should have gone the other way.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home