Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hi!

Howdy all, I have to say this is the best idea for a knit-a-long ever. I've only been knitting for a little over a year - and every time I find something I want to knit I discover the whole world has knit it. But that won't stop me......

Currently Behind the Times on Clapotis (among other things...) and I will post a picture later, but I have a question about yardage and length. I'd like it to be really long, so I bought 4 skeins of the Lion & Lamb. If I knit up skeins 2 & 3 for the straight parts, will I have enough left with only one skein to do the decrease section? (I haven't finished the increse section yet)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome, Gretchen. A couple of things to keep in mind about making sure you don't run out. If you weigh your Clapotis after the increase section, you can set aside that amount for the decrease section (a mirror image of the increase section). I didn't use L&L, but from what I understand, most people needed 4 skeins to make the pattern as written. So, if you want it extra long, you might want to do fewer increases and more straight sections than the pattern. Enjoy!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Same point as Jocelyn made, but from a slightly different perspective: the decreases take exactly the same amount of yarn as the increases, so make sure you have at least as much left at the end of the straight section as it took you to complete your increases. Put another way, if the increases took one skein or less, then it'd be just fine to use skeins 2 & 3 for the straight section and reserve skein 4 for the decrease sections. Enjoy!

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home